SpaceClaim enables customer-facing engineers to rapidly create and modify 3D models, producing better responses to RFPâ€™s and achieving higher win rates. The SpaceClaim user interface allows both non-CAD experts and seasoned CAD professionals to add customer value by working with customers in 3D during the concept iteration and proposal phase of new business development.
ChallengeÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â
Critical factors in winning profitable new business include clear communication between the proposal team and prospects. Internal time and resource constraints often rush proposal work and prevent sales and business development organizations from putting together the most compelling bids and proposals. Traditional CAD software was designed to create detailed manufacturing documentation, not for fast concept iteration and real-time collaborative work with prospects. Using a CAD resource to support new business development can be slow and expensive, but without using 3D up-front, it can be difficult to forecast costs and create a compelling proposal.
SpaceClaim 3D models and renderings are invaluable tools for improving communication with prospects, speeding up your proposal process, understanding your production costs, and increasing your win ratio.Â SpaceClaimâ€™s unique user interface enables engineers supporting new business development efforts to quickly create and modify 3D models to improve their proposal process in areas that include:
- Merging customer data, supplier components, and in-house CAD data in one environment
- Creating new concept models quickly and easily that you can share with your customers, R&D engineers, CAE analysts, and the CAD team
- Pinpointing product costs and enabling you to bid low while maintaining profitability
- Reducing time-to-market by creating clear 3D specifications for the detailed-design teams
- Collaborating in real-time with your prospects
- Simplifying models to createÂ Customer View Models (CVMs), which areÂ Â Â lightweight representations that define the space for your product while protecting your Intellectual property (IP)
- Create and modify sophisticated 3D models quickly and easily
- Respond to more proposals in less time
- Include compelling, photo-realistic renderings with proposals
- Work with 2D and 3D data from your customers and in-house CAD systems
- Provide designers with an accurate model to drive detailed design in traditional CAD
- Respond to a higher volume of RFPâ€™s
- Bid more accurately and increase win ratio by as much as 50%
- Enable engineers (and other non-CAD specialists) to work in 3D to support business growth
- Reduce concept development phase of proposal by more than 60%
- Faster time-to-market with a more streamlined detailed design process
- Low TCO (total cost of ownership) with strong ROI (return on investment) and fast pay back
- Incorporate almost any 2D, 3D, and graphical data in new proposals
- SpaceClaimâ€™s unique Pull, Move, Fill, and Combine tools enable the fastest possible solid modeling environment
- 3D Direct Modeling makes it easy to make edits in real time during design reviews without fear of rebuild errors
- Reconfigure assemblies to quickly investigate packaging and configuration options
- 3D markup, annotations, and drawing tools enable effective 2D and 3D communication
- Material library and mass properties tools help evaluate material and weight budget trade-offs
- Automatically create BOMs and export them to Excel
- The optional KeyShot rendering package creates fast photo-realistic customer images without the hassle of traditional ray-tracers.
SpaceClaim offers the freedom and flexibility for conceptual engineers to design freely, unencumbered by the complexity of traditional CAD systems.